The Best Cookies πŸͺ

Hi everyone, it’s Amelia.
I’m here to share my favorite cookie recipe. It is homemade, and yummy! I won’t share who came up with it, for privacy reasons. It’s been improving for over 20 years, and it makes delicious cookie dough and scrumptious cookies. I usually double this recipe, but you don’t have to, and the recipe bellow fills two large cookie sheets.
So without further ado:

in one big bowl (dry ingredients):
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

stir together, mixing well

in another smaller bowl (wet ingredients):
1 cup of butter (I suggest putting in microwave so it is soft)
1 1/2 c packed light brown sugar

cream together until mixed and then add:

2 large eggs
3 tsp vanilla extract 

stir mixture together well, but don't beat air into it (should be pourable, slightly chunky is fine)

gradually stir into the flour mix. stirring will become increasingly grueling, but keep at it until the flour is mixed in and you have a good dough consistency (you should be able to tell)

now stir in:
approx 3/4 of a 12 oz bag (9 oz, I use 1 1/4 of a cup) of chocolate chips (you can also add peanut butter chips)

I use a small ice cream scooper to put the cookies on large cookie sheets (with parchment paper) but you can do it however you feel.

pre-heat oven to 375 degrees

bake for 7-9 minutes (depending on oven, I use seven minutes) OR more importantly when they just start to look very slightly brown on top. they shouldn't look quite done, but they also shouldn't look raw or moist -- again, just look for a little browning very edges and a little on top. of course if you like them less chewy, leave them in a little longer.
Now just let ‘em cool, and enjoy!

Hope you love these cookies as much as I do!
Bye!
-Amelia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies