Books About Racism

Hi all, Amelia here!

With what has been going on in the world right now, I decided I would post some books that I have read and liked about anti racism.


  1. Right now, I am reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This book takes place in the past (1933-35), in a fictional town. The story is told by a young girl whose father is Atticus Finch, a lawyer defending a black man. This story is amazing, but for teens and adults only. It has some bad words and not completely appropriate content. (Realistic/Historical Fiction)
  2. I read The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. It is told by a black girl who has trouble with racism, police brutality, and activism after watching her black friend get shot by a police. This book has a lot of bad words and inappropriate content. (Realistic/Historical Fiction)
  3. I also read The Sun Does Shine by Anthony Ray Hinton. Anthony Ray Hinton is a black man who spent thirty years on death row for a crime he didn’t commit. I this book was amazing, told with humor and sadness, it held a few bad words. (Nonfiction)
  4. Recently, I read Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson. He tells the stories many people who were put in jail or on death row for crimes they didn’t commit. He also talks about people who were put in jail for unfair amounts of time with unfair conditions. The main story in this book is the story of Walter McMillian. This book is probably only interesting for older kids and adults. (Nonfiction)
I hope reading some of these books helps you to put the events going on in our world into perspective, keep living life random,
Amelia 




We apologize if anything in this article is offensive, we do not support racism.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies