First Buck!

 This one I’m slightly less excited to tell the story of. That is because it was slightly worse than the rest of them.

It’s also a very short story.

Basically, Vegas and I were cantering in a group lesson, And he was getting a little racehorse-esc. All in all nothing to be worried about, because this is something he does fairly often and he always reigns it in and calms down.

As you can tell from the title, this time he did not reign it in or calm down, LOL. We were cantering along, and another lesson pony, Otter, was coming up behind us at a canter. I wasn’t worried at all, because this is all normal lesson stuff. Vegas being a knucklehead, no issues. But this time, he decided to buck.

It was completely unpredictable, both of the trainers who were in the arena at the time said that they did not know he was going to do that. And so did all of the other riders. You see, Vegas bucks sometimes, but usually only in the indoor or in the pasture. And never before he even jumped. 

But he did this time! I landed on my shoulder and got a bad road rash and sand EVERYWHERE. I’m also a little sore, but not too bad.

After he bucked me, I went and hoses myself off as much as I could, and addressed my shoulder wound (it’s really nasty). Then I went back to the arena, where the lesson was continuing. Vegas was being held by one of the trainers, and when I got back, he walked up to me and shoved his head against me like he was saying sorry 🥰 thanks, buddy, but still think you’re a knucklehead.

I got back on and did some trot/walk then cantered a circle before getting off. I was SO TENSE, it was ridiculous.

I definitely feel a little more nervous to ride again after that, but it doesn’t make me want to stop. I’d love to hear if any of you have had similar experiences, and you were nervous to continue? Comment or email if you have,

Keep living life random,

Amelia

Comments

  1. Well, at least you got back on! You are very brave! Great post!
    Check out my blog here: https://mizziz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! We’d love to hear from you! Please don’t add anything inappropriate, thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies