Dot Photo/Info Dump

 I love this pony :) so I figured I’d do a post all about her! 

We think that she is a full paint/quarter horse. She is small, approximately 15 hands. But she is built round so she still is big enough for my legs (I’m 5’7). She’s a chestnut with three white stockings, and a mostly white face (not quite bald though, I think technically a blaze?). She has a small chestnut spot by her eye. She is considered a paint because of her white spot on her stomach. 






Her eyes have a lot of white in them which gives her a goofy face. We like to joke that Dot has three emotions: mildly annoyed, absolutely insane, and completely terrified.

Her trot is very nice, fairly smooth and usually a good pace. Her canter, however, is… a lot. It’s fast, our top speed so far has been 12.7 mph, and her controlled canter is 11.4 (to put in perspective, my friend’s 17hh OTTB’s normal canter is about 10.2 and his jumping canter is 13.2). So it’s fast. And her left lead is pretty uncomfortable lol πŸ˜‚.

But big news!! My trainer said that it’s possible Dot and I could go to a schooling show this fall and do poles, then next summer go to some shows jumping bigger! For those of you that don’t know, a schooling show is basically a low-key beginners show for green horses or green riders (or in my case, both). So that’s super exciting! She’s only been to two shows since she came to the barn and she did great over some ground poles, only two spooks! So hopefully you’ll be seeing some updates on that soon! 






Comments

  1. Starting to show is so exciting!! Paint is actually a breed, so she might be a pinto!(color) she looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, just not totally sure if she has just paint or some quarter horse in her :) she used to be a therapy horse than a little bit of western pleasure, so her origins are a little foggy 🀣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s really cool! She definitely looks like a paint/quarter cross

      Delete
  3. I nominated both of you for the never have I ever book tag!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! We’d love to hear from you! Please don’t add anything inappropriate, thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies