Something Cool I learned!

  Hi everyone! Just a quick random update on Dot!

I don’t know if you all remember a while ago when I said that I had no idea what Dot was? Anywho, with some expert Googling (lol), I have found what I think she is! 

I mean, we know she is a paint/quarter horse something or another, but I believe that she has a patterning that makes her a Sabino Horse!


Here is the best picture I have of her patterns ⬆️

And here is a photo of a classic Sabino Chestnut ⬇️


Here’s some interesting information about this new marking I just learned about!! (hahaha)


 The term “sabino” was in use prior to the mapping of the horse genome to describe a wide range of pinto spotting patterns that are characterized by irregular edges. Sabino horses can have varying amounts of white, from bold white face and leg markings all the way up to fully white coats... there will typically still be white on the legs and face, and the horse may also be lightly roaned. In horses with a bit more white, it usually extends above the knees and hocks onto the belly.”

I just think it’s so interesting! Here is a photo of a draft with almost identical markings to Dot:


I think Vegas (paint/thoroughbred cross) is a Sabino as well!



Anyway, I hope you learned something new from this post! Be sure to check out the Wikipedia page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabino_horse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies