Merry Horsey Christmas!!

  Hey all! 

Just wanted to share some adorable photos with you of Dot’s Christmas photo shoot from yesterday! I HIGHLY recommend you try with your horse, it was so much fun and the results are perfect!! I gotta say, it made me love Dot even more!!! (If that’s even possible)

Look at the end for the products used for the shoot and how I pulled it off!









Obviously, these are only my favorites from the shoot! It required a lot of rapid-fire thumb work and plenty of sorting through to find my favorites! There were quite a few that look like this.. 

I basically just put her bridle on (over the Santa hat), put on the rein covers and noseband cover, and spot groomed her.
Then I found somewhere with good lighting and a background I didn’t mind and threw the reins over her head! 
She did try to follow me, but I found that if I got someone to yell, clap, or kiss at her, she would look in their direction long enough for me to snap some rapid fire pictures! 
I also found that I liked the position from below the best, because it made her look taller and more alert! 
I left the noseband super loose, as well, so that she wouldn’t mouth the bit or toss her head.
If you position them and confuse them enough, they should be able to stand still for long enough that you can take some pictures. Or, if they do try to walk towards you, you can wave your arms a bit as if to say ‘go away’.
There is also things I’ve see of the reins being held off camera or a red lead rope. 
Idk, the ideas are endless!!!

Here are the products I used: 
I like the idea of the christmas sheet and leg wraps, but I was able to borrow these from a friend and the pictures turned out great!!!

I think I’ll try to do some Halloween, summer, and other photos, too!

Hope you enjoyed, 
Amelia (and Dot :))

Comments

  1. Aww! Dot your totally rocking the red and green, if I do say so myself ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! We’d love to hear from you! Please don’t add anything inappropriate, thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies