How To Paint A Watercolor (like mine)

 Hi all, Amelia here. Recently I posted the photos of my watercolors, and today I’ll do a tutorial!

I’m going to be doing the tutorial on my iPad, because it’s easier to take photos, but the idea is the same.


First (optional) use painters tape to line the borders the make a cool framing effect.


So first, you’ll either sketch or trace a silhouette of the thing you want. 
What I do is print a silhouette, then draw over it with the sharpie. That will leave you with a simple shape, and you can then trace the shape and fill out the details.
*ALWAYS USE A PENCIL*
If you use a pen, it will run and smudge and be bad all over, trust me. Use a pencil!



Next you’ll use some light blue to start. Use side to side strokes, not up and down. If you need to blend lower to get the color you want, then go down, but cover it with side to side. Occasionally, you can get your brush wet to fade the color a bit.



Then follow with some red. Blend it carefully with the blue, making sure not to blend them to much. 



If the blue is faded, feel free to add more and darken/lighten it however. You might want to wait for it to dry a bit first, though.


From there use the same blending techniques with the orange and yellow. USE LOTS OF YELLOW. Blend yellow into the transitions and it’ll really help, trust me!



Now you wait for it to dry almost completely before you add the ground. I usually just use a sharpie for this, and make sure to make it uneven so it’s realistic. Add little hills, spurts of grass, etc.


Now that it’s all dry, you can trace it with a pen. Once it’s traced, you can either paint in the black or (what I do) color it in with a sharpie. 


Congratulations! You just painted a gorgeous watercolor! If it didn’t work out, don’t be discouraged, because my first ones weren’t that great either πŸ˜†. Just keep trying, because this is a really fun, easy hobby that I 10/10 recommend!!

Keep living life random,
Amelia 


P.S. email pictures of your favorite paintings to 10jack.luna16@gmail.com to have them featured of the blog!

P.P.S. Comment if you want a tutorial on the beach painting from Watercolor Paintings πŸ˜




Comments

  1. That is so amazing!! I’m definitely gonna try this soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! We’d love to hear from you! Please don’t add anything inappropriate, thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies