Still I Rise By Maya Angelou
Hi everyone! Lately the girls in my class have been organizing a movement to push back against the sexism in our school. We have a document where we can share poems, quotes, and other inspirational things. On the last day of school, we are all going to wear tank tops (break the dress code) and write inspiring quotes on our hands. I just thought I’d share this spectacular poem by Maya Angelou, ‘Still I Rise’. They shared this excerpt from the poem: You may write me down in history With your bitter, twisted lies, You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I'll rise. Does my sassiness upset you? Why are you beset with gloom? ’Cause I walk like I've got oil wells Pumping in my living room. Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high, Still I'll rise. Here is the entire poem: You may write me down in history With your bitter, twisted lies, You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I'll rise. Does my sas...

Comments
Post a Comment
Hi! We’d love to hear from you! Please don’t add anything inappropriate, thanks!