My Super-Affordable Riders Survival Kit

 Hi all! 

If you love horses, chances are you’ve already noticed how EXPENSIVE everything is!! So I have done lots of searching and have found some of my favorite, affordable, nice products I use daily!



First off, my grooming tote! You can find it at This Link, but it says that it is unavailable currently so you can also take a look at This One, which is similar but a little more expensive and doesn’t come with all of the same exact things :) still great for a cheap kit though!

It comes with a curry comb, a stiff brush, a soft brush, two combs, a hoof pick (with a brush!), sweat scraper, and sponge!! It’s super helpful to have a cheaper kit like this available!



Next, my face brush! The kit above doesn’t come with one, and I think these are super helpful for brushing boots out, the face, and putting fly spray on. It’s a super nice brush and bright so you won’t lose track of it 😹 you can find it Here


Then, my jelly brush/curry comb, because I don’t like the normal ones! This brush is AMAZING, and I’m not just saying that. It’s a total improvement over the normal curry. I even showed it too some of my friends and they went and bought them for their horses! You can find a cheap one Here


Then I’ve got my saddle pad, which isn’t super useful for any western riders out there, but I 100% recommend for all English riders! 

In general I just recommend Dover, because they are really affordable and have nice products. They can take a long time to ship the product though, so be aware of that 😂.

This saddle pad is super nice because it is big enough for big saddles and long legs. I use it on 16+ hh horses and it is perfect. I have really long legs and a big saddle, too, and it still works amazingly! 

I also love the color because I make the mistake of riding chestnuts, and it looks amazing on them!

You can find it here: https://www.doversaddlery.com/ds-quilted-pad/p/X1-190394/




Next up I’ve got my leather cleaner and conditioner, because if you ride horses you’ve definitely noticed that EVERYTHING seems to be made of super-sensitive leather! I use two products to clean my leather.

First, I use horseman’s one step, which you can find here. It is super good for a quick easy clean and condition, and I use it regularly! It’s also a cream, and lasts a really long time!

Then, if I am going for a super nice shine and deep conditioning, I use Lexol leather conditioner, which is here. This is a really good cheap choice and it has a good size too. I use a super small amount and it covers my entire tall boot really well.



Not a horse product, Per se, but something I use CONSTANTLY at the barn. SUNSCREEN!!! I hate the cream sunscreen, and lots of times the spray doesn’t work as well. This stuff works though! I put it on right before my ride and it keeps me good for my hour and a half ride. I also have sensitive skin and this stuff works. You can find it here: Alba Botánica Hawaiian Sunscreen



That’s all for today, but be sure to check back every once and a while, as I may add updates!

Love y’all!

Amelia




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies