‘Standards’ By A Girl In My Class

 Hi everyone, I’m back with another feminist poem today. I know that these poems deal with pretty heavy subjects, so if you are feeling like it is too much, feel free to email me and I can talk to you about it. The past few days have been part of this series so please go back and read them if you want to.

‘Standards’ 

Shut up 

Speak up

Slim waist

Pretty face

Big butt

Hourglass 

Try to be perfect

But still were not worth it

Doing the most

Just to survive

Trying our best 

Just to stay alive

Boys will be boys

They can do whatever

But the minute we speak up

They’ll blame us forever

Why can’t girls just be girls




Thanks for reading,

Amelia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies