Amelia’s 30 Day Challenge - Day 20

         Hi everyone! Welcome to the 20th day of my 30 Day Challenge!!! I was inspired first by Annika, and as always, check out her blog at https://annikalorriane.blogspot.com/, and then by Naomi, right here at LLR! Here is the photo of the 30 Day Challenge I will be participating in, so you can be up to date! (I’m writing the 30 Day Challenge on the week of 19-30 of March, BTW. So when I refer to things, they will be based on that time)

We are officially 2/3 of the way through the 30 Day Challenge!!!! ๐Ÿฅณ

Okay, let’s get started! Today the prompt is: When and why I started riding

I started riding off and on when I was 5-6. My teacher was a Junior who owned two big, strong Western geldings. This was purely a beginner course ๐Ÿ˜‚, I barely ever left the lead rope, and we just walked and occasionally trotted around the pasture. Really all I learned here was (the basic version of) what horses liked, disliked, how to be safe around the horses, how to turn, sit, and make the horse go/stop. I did this off and one for about two years, then we stopped because my teacher left for college.

Then, about four years ago, I started riding again at a small western place. I still ride there, as they have become like family to me ๐Ÿฅฐ. I know those horse like the back of my hand (better, probably... I don’t spend a lot of time looking at the back of my hand...), and I’ve rode them continuously for 4 years. I was actually the first non-adult to ride May, the 6 year old quarter horse-thoroughbred mare. I help out at summer camps, do free rides, and hang out there pretty often.

I also started riding at an English barn in November. I immediately fit in, and am now there 9-10 hours on Saturdays, 2-5 hours Friday, and I’m going to be adding a riding time soon. I love my English place, and all the horses are so amazing, as are the people.

I was born in Pennsylvania and lived there my first two years of my life. My first babysitter was an Amish family, so I practically grew up on a farm. I’ve always, always loved horses, but I just started loving the life that is horses about 7 months ago. My love for them really surged during a horse camp I worked at in July. Now, horses take most of my thoughts and I love them with my entire heart. When I’m not with horses, 80% of the time I am thinking of them in some way. I love the work, even the poop. Every single weekend I go out and volunteer to scoop poop for five hours, and do other work for the remaining 5 hours of daylight. I come home exhausted, but I love it so, so, so much!!


Thank you for reading! Feel free to post your blog or some of your favorite blogs to read! 

Keep living life random,

Amelia ๐Ÿ˜˜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

30 Day Challenge!

Naomi’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies